Saturday 3 December 2011

Designer Spotlight

One of my most favourite interior designers is the wonderful Johnathan Adler, who by the way began his career as a potter, yes a clay spinning potter, many years ago and has developed into a creative genius of the interiors kind.
In my own words, he loves utilising colour, pattern, bold furnishings and a out-there features in every room and yet creates homely, livable spaces. I love the way he mixes unpredictable colour and pattern combinations and makes them work.
In his words, his signature style is "happy chic" which is a "prescription for anti-depressive living". I love it, we should all design and live this way.

Here are a few of my favourite spaces from his portfolio:






Images courtesy of johnathanadler.com

And here is his new book entitled 'Johnathan Adler: My prescription for anti-depressive living' and you can buy it here. Recommended purchase.



Johnathan also designed interiors for a real life Malibu Dream House for Barbie's 50th Birthday in 2009. The exquisite photo's are below. I think Barbie (and Ken!) would feel right at home here. What do you think?





Images courtesy of johnathanadler.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...