Friday 28 September 2012

Thrift & Flea & Fave Shopping

My favourite type of shopping for home wares, fixtures, vintage furniture and one-off finds is at flea markets and antique and bric-a-brac stores. I have found some of my favourite pieces at thrift and flea shopping spots.
Here is a list of some of my fave destinations in Victoria.
 
The Restorers Barn in Castlemaine.
 
Full to the brim with vintage finds, new and old fixtures, lighting and furniture. A great place to stop if your driving through, but bear in mind you will be in there for a few hours ferreting through all of the goodness! Located at 129-133 Mostyn Street, Castlemaine Phone 03 5470 5669. Open 7 Days 10 to 5.30pm.

Street view of The Restorers Barn. Apologies for the image quality - via google.

Gorgeous finds inside The Restorers Barn

Hardware upon hardware upon hardware. The choice is endless.

 
The Yarra Glen Antique Centre

Two massive rooms full of collectibles, furniture, jewellery, home wares...the list goes on. I always find a treat that I have to have in this store. Reasonably priced, again set aside a little time for your foraging. Located at 8 Bell Street Yarra Glen, Phone 03 9730 1911.


Inside Yarra Glen Antique Centre

The Bendigo Prince of Wales Showgrounds Market

Bustling with hundreds of stall holders of seconds hands goods, bric-a-brac, gorgeous vintage clothes, antique furniture and gorgeous one-off items, the Bendigo Prince of Wales Showgrounds Market is a regular treasure trove stop of mine. I often go to Bendigo on a Friday night with my girlfriend, we stay in the most beautiful renovated miners cottage and we trawl the op shops, second hand shops and then on Sunday morning it is up-and-at-em to get to this weekly market. Filled with regular stall holders - and one of my favourites, is a dear old man in the 'top wool shed', he sells vintage bits and pieces and often has that something special that I or my girlfriend have to have. The fresh flower stall is a must have stop on the way out. Stunning flowers bundled up at a bargain price. The car smells of spring on trip home.



There is also another amazing store in Bendigo full of collectibles and old bits and pieces. Not sure of the name but will definitely post the details and photo next time I visit!

The River Tea House Lorne, (Erskine River Trading Company)

I just can't go past this gorgeous shopping spot when I am down on the Great Ocean Road. Lorne is a magical place and great for kids too. One of my favourite spots to shop is the River Tea House & Erskine River Trading Company which is full of imported goods, new and vintage. I found a gorgeous vintage tea jar there years ago and I have become obsessed ever since!


Inside the shop


Inside again.....

and again. Look at all the goodies! (images courtesy of weekendnotes.com)


Thai decorative Pan Jars - on my list for my next visit!


Located at 4B Mountjoy Parade in Lorne Phone 03 5289 2099 and they also sell online! Store is open Monday to Sunday 8am to 5pm.

There you go! Some of my favourite shopping destinations to find fabulous pieces. Next time your in or around town - pop in! You'll thank me!
Where are your favourite shopping destinations? Any secret spots you can share??!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...