Monday 17 September 2012

Island Inspiration

I often love to go through my book shelves and revisit some of my favourite interior styles and designers to renew my inspiration.
 
Yesterday, I rediscovered Island Life by India Hicks and David Flint Wood. An oldie but a goodie.
 
Classic, island style living of amazing timber furniture and textile colour combinations, palm fronds, wicker, mesmerising structures and a damn, dreamy way of life. One of my favourites providing inspiration for the new warmer months in Melbourne.

 




 
Some inspiration for you below. You don't need to live in the Caribbean to indulge in the island life!
 
Ooohh, the wide floorboards and double doors. Gorgeous.

Wicker furniture, palm trees and chairs for chillin' out.

Gorgeous combination of timber and rock with loads of natural light makes for a
fresh bathroom.

Loving the pitched window and line of old bottles along the sill. All white walls, panels and cabinetry makes for a bright kitchen hub.

Exposed beams!! ...and that vintage meat safe.



 
 
Shopping List: Natural Fibre Ceiling Fan Noosa Lighting, Shutter Screen My Island Home, Rattan Chair My Island Home, Palm Tree Cushion Island Collections, Coffee Table 'Brittany' Freedom, Fiddle Leaf FIg Tree.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...