Monday 9 January 2012

D.I.Y Inspiration

I love getting into a bit of DIY. It's a very satisfying creative process and the teeny handy-man inside me is a little bit addicted. You may have seen an older post I did on restoring an old set of drawers here. I will be posting more of my DIY projects soon.
My aspirations are growing and ideas are flowing ~ there are chairs to be recovered, floor mats to join together, wall hangings to make and vintage tables to sand and paint. But for now, below are some amazing pics of some recovered chairs. (not done my me!)



This stunning little chair is recovered in a vintage mink coat of all things and it looks damn good. Not sure how it would go getting wet in the bathroom!? But it looks amazing all the same and the use of vintage mink is a budget friendly option.
Looks quite decadent doesn't it?


A favourite from my latest fave book Design*Sponge. You can check out my post on Grace Bonney and Design*Sponge here. The fabric used is a vintage Suzani - love the colour choice.


Image courtesy of Apartment Therapy. I love the mis-matched use of colour and pattern creating a modern patchwork piece.


Image courtesy of Design*Sponge website. Cool fabric choice.


These are a set of IKEA dining chairs which have been given a cool make-over by their owner. They look tidy and fresh. Image courtesy of itsgreattobehome.net.


A set of recovered beach chairs good enough to have out all year long. Effective use of colour and pattern mixing. You'd need to use waterproof/weather-proof fabric (canvas??) and something strong enough to hold body weight when you sit on it.


Image courtesy of Pinterest. The white arms emphasise the pattern used to cover the seat and back of the arm chair. A very happy recover!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...